The Georgia Special Needs Scholarship for engineering student is a Program designed to provide financial assistance to Georgia’s engineering students who are living with disabilities and who would otherwise face difficulty in affording a college education. This scholarship is intended to provide educational opportunities for students with disabilities who, due to their unique circumstances, may not be able to attend college without financial assistance. The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, fees, books, and living expenses for the duration of the student’s engineering program.
The program also provides additional support services, such as tutoring, mentoring, and academic coaching. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be a Georgia resident, be an engineering student at a college or university in Georgia, and have a documented disability. Applicants must also demonstrate financial need and be able to provide proof of their disability.
This scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to students who would otherwise not be able to afford a college education. By providing financial assistance to Georgia’s disabled engineering students, the Georgia Special Needs Scholarship Program is helping to ensure that all students have an equal opportunity to pursue their dreams.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- The Georgia Special Needs Scholarship (GSNS) provides financial assistance to qualified students with special needs who are enrolled in an eligible private school in Georgia.
- The GSNS helps to ensure that students with special needs can access the education and services they need to reach their fullest potential.
- The GSNS also provides access to special education services and supports, such as tutoring and behavior therapy.
- The GSNS is designed to help families cover the cost of tuition, fees, and other education-related expenses.
- The GSNS is tailored to the specific needs of each family and student, and can cover up to 100% of tuition and fees.
- The GSNS is open to students with disabilities, including those with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health disabilities, and autism spectrum disorders.
- The GSNS also provides assistance to students with medical conditions, such as diabetes and asthma, that require special medical attention.
- The GSNS is a great way for families to get the help they need to afford the education their child needs and deserves.
In order to be eligible for the Georgia Special Needs Scholarship for Engineering Students, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a Georgia resident
- Be enrolled in an accredited engineering program in Georgia
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have a documented disability that has been certified by a qualified professional
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have a current application for federal student aid (FAFSA) on file with the school
- Agree to use the scholarship funds for educational purposes only
- Agree to comply with all program policies and procedures
- Complete the Scholarship Application and submit all required documents in a timely manner.
The Georgia Special Needs Scholarship for Engineering Students is a great opportunity for those who wish to pursue a career in the engineering field. It offers financial assistance to students with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities, and those who are economically disadvantaged. This scholarship not only helps students pay for their college tuition and fees but also provides them with other resources such as career guidance and internships. The scholarship is a great way to help students achieve their dreams of becoming engineers.