OFFICIAL: Fabinho signs new contract with Liverpool

Fabinho has signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool FC. The midfielder put pen to paper on fresh terms at the Reds’ pre-season training camp in Evian on Tuesday.

“I’m delighted to have signed a new contract with the club,” Fabinho told Liverpoolfc.com. “Since the beginning of the conversation, I was really positive about it because it’s what I wanted – staying in this club, keep playing for Liverpool. Now this is official and I’m really happy.

“These last three seasons I’ve been really happy here. I learned a lot with the manager, with all the staff, with the boys as well.

“We achieved things together and for me I think it’s the best place to be, the best place to keep growing, to keep learning from the staff, from the boys. Hopefully we will keep achieving good things.”

A Brazil international who has been described as the team’s ‘lighthouse’ by assistant manager Pepijn Lijnders, Fabinho arrived at Anfield from AS Monaco in the summer of 2018.

After a period of acclimatisation, he established himself as a pillar of Jürgen Klopp’s vintage, record-breaking Liverpool side that won the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and Premier League across two glorious seasons.

The 27-year-old racked up 122 appearances during his first three campaigns on Merseyside and has now committed his future to the club.

He continued: “The manager and the staff are pushing us for this because they know our capacity, they know our quality.

“Personally, as I say, I want to be the best for the team, I want to be an important piece in this team – not just as a player but as a leader as well. Keep learning from the boys and the staff and be the best I can.

“We know with these players we can go really far in all the competitions. In the last year we didn’t win any trophies, so I think everyone is hungry to win more trophies, win more things, to keep our fans happy. Hopefully we will do this this season.”

Inter would consider saling Lukaku at €120m

Chelsea have seen an £85m ($118m) bid, that included Marcos Alonso heading in the opposite direction, rejected by Inter for striker Romelu Lukaku, Goal can confirm.

Thomas Tuchel is keen to add a world-class forward to his attack as the Blues look to challenge for the Premier League title in the 2021-22 campaign.

Chelsea were hopeful that they could capitalise on Inter’s financial difficulties by making a big offer for Lukaku, although the Nerazzurri have thus far proved resistant.

Lukaku said last week that he is gearing up for the new season with the Italian champions after he returned to training, suggesting he wants to stay.

Meanwhile, Inter CEO Giuseppe Marotta has insisted that the forward will not be allowed to leave any time soon, saying: “Lukaku is not for sale. Lukaku is an important piece on the chessboard available to Simone Inzaghi.”

You can also read about this   Harry Kane returns to training.

The Stamford Bridge side are in the hunt for a new striker, having seen Olivier Giroud leave this summer.

Chelsea already have Erling Haaland and Harry Kane on their list of targets, but Borussia Dortmund are not willing to sell the former during this transfer window and Tottenham are not letting their star man join their London rivals.

Lukaku, 28, has blossomed into one of the world’s top strikers in recent years.

He scored 24 goals and registered 11 assists in Serie A last season as the Nerazzurri secured the league title.

Only Cristiano Ronaldo scored more goals in the Italian top-flight in 2020-21.

Lukaku joined Chelsea from Anderlecht in 2011 but was unable to secure a place in the first team.

He ended up joining West Brom on loan for a year in 2012 and then went to Everton a year later.

Lukaku then joined the Toffees on a permanent deal, leaving Chelsea with just 15 competitive appearances to his name and no goals.

The Blues are already trying to sign Jules Kounde from Sevilla ahead of the new season.

They have been offering several players to the Spanish side in exchange for the defender.

Kurt Zouma, Emerson Palmieri and Kenedy are among the names the Premier League side have floated by Sevilla.

They are trying to get rid of Zouma first to make room in the squad for Kounde, with West Ham also in talks to sign the French centre-back.

James Rodriguez: Everton willing to sell Colombia international if price is right

James Rodriguez would be allowed to leave Everton if the right deal presented itself to the Merseyside club.

The 30-year-old Colombia international arrived at Goodison Park on a free transfer last summer, reuniting for a third time with then-manager Carlo Ancelotti.

He signed a two-year deal, with an option of a third, and became the highest paid player in Everton’s history.

But following Ancelotti’s departure to Real Madrid earlier this summer, Rodriguez has become unsettled on Merseyside and spoke about needing to play where he is wanted only last week.

Rodriguez said on his Twitch account: “I would like to play wherever they want me, I already played in all the leagues; I am missing Italy, it would be a good option.”

Everton hope to sign more players before the summer transfer deadline and, should Rodriguez leave, it would free up much-needed funds for Rafa Benitez to reinvest in his squad.

A move for Rodriguez is not imminent, however, and he is expected to feature in Everton’s final pre-season game against Manchester United on Saturday at Old Trafford.

Man City transfer news: Kane goes missing, and Citizens join chase for botman.

Manchester City transfer news

In this article, we will bring you all of the Manchester City transfer news from today. Make sure to check back to the site for more daily transfer updates throughout the summer.

You can also read about this   Premier league today

Kane goes missing

Harry Kane was absent from yesterday’s Tottenham training through his own personal choice.

It was reported that he was scheduled to come back and the club were expecting him but he had made the decision to remain away.

A move to Manchester City has been suggested for some time with the ‘gentleman’s agreement’ between Kane and Daniel Levy seemingly yet to be honoured.

This could be a saga which runs late into the window but with the season just under 2 weeks away now, clubs will want the quickest resolution to these problems as possible.

Grealish future

Meanwhile, Manchester City are still chasing the signing of Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish.

With it confirmed that Villa have confirmed the signing of Leon Bailey from Bayer Leverkusen, it is expected now that the west midlands club have their replacement with Emi Buendia having come in as well.

Manchester City were reported to have had a £100 million bid accepted by Dean Smith’s side but there is a wait to have that clarified.

Citizens join Botman chase

Liverpool were thought to be the main suitors in the race to sign Sven Botman from Lille however recently that has changed.

Manchester City are said to be keen on the Netherlands international and could make a move for him this summer.

Brought in under the tenure of the recruitment specialist Luis Campos, Botman has gone on to become one of the best defenders in France.

City, having Ruben Dias John Stones and Aymeric Laporte, are well-stocked at the back, but with rumours of the Spaniard possibly leaving, Botman would be a great prospective replacement and possible future starter.

Hazard is in good shape

It looks set to be a case of third time lucky for Real Madrid with Eden Hazard, as the Belgian forward has returned for pre-season in good shape.

Hazard is yet to train with his teammates since coming back to the Spanish capital, having picked up a knock at the end of June that was expected to keep him out for four weeks.

Rather than rush him back, Real Madrid are preferring to opt on the side of caution after two injury-hit campaigns for the 30-year-old.

Hazard is feeling positive ahead of his third season with Los Blancos, while he has clearly taken care of himself this summer when it comes to his weight.

Real Madrid feel like this is the least that the Belgium star should do, given the way that the last two seasons have played out, although he still has a long way to go if he is to become a fans’ favourite, as was hoped upon his arrival from Chelsea in the summer of 2019.

You can also read about this   Official: Emi buendia to Aston Villa confirmed

Hazard may miss first game of the season

The new LaLiga Santander season is fast approaching and it seems unlikely at the moment that Hazard will be able to feature in the opening fixture against Alaves on August 14.

These next 10 days or so will see the forward go through a training programme, led by Antonio Pintus, which will try and get him into good shape after his knock, but the Alaves game might come too soon for him.

There is the sense that this is a different Hazard that has returned for pre-season this time around, as he is doing the work the fitness coaches have set him and appears to be in a better mental space.

Pintus understands that if he can get Hazard firing on all cylinders from a physical point of view, it will be like he is giving Carlo Ancelotti a new signing, with the Italian coach optimistic that he can get the No.7 to replicate his Chelsea performances in a Real Madrid shirt.

Tottenham on the brink of signing £47m deal for Cristian Romero

Tottenham are closing on a £46.9million deal for centre back Cristian Romero after he told his club Atalanta that he wishes to leave.

The Serie A side have accepted Tottenham’s restructured offer and the Argentine is expected to head to London for his medical and will then sign a five year contract.

Atalanta are in talks to sign Merih Demiral from Juventus as replacement for the 23-year old Romero.

Tottenham have sold Toby Alderweireld and are fielding offers for Davinson Sanchez who remains an option for Sevilla.

Romero was voted the best defender in Serie A last season after an impressive campaign in the Italian top flight.

Spurs meanwhile remain locked in a battle to retain the services of wantaway captain Harry Kane.

Kane once again refused to report for training on Tuesday as the England star tries to push through his move to Manchester City, though he is expected to return before the end of the week.

Kane was due back at Spurs after a short holiday for initial checks on Monday, including Covid-19 tests, ahead of training for the new campaign. But the wantaway striker was a no-show, failing to turn up at Spurs’ Enfield base and underlining his desire to quit the club.

Sportsmail understands City is Kane’s preferred destination, but Chelsea and Manchester United also retain an interest in the England captain, and missing both sessions is a sign of his desperation to force through a transfer.

Tottenham were braced for Kane’s stance to extend into at least a second day on Monday night, feeling it would be perceived as a mini victory for the club if the striker was to make an immediate return in what is fast becoming the transfer story of the summer.