The Returning Student Scholarship is a financial aid program designed to support Canadian university students who are returning to complete their studies after an interruption of at least one year. The scholarship is available to students at any of the post–secondary institutions across the country and can provide tuition support, living expenses, and other financial support.
The scholarship is intended to make it easier for students to go back to school, allowing them to focus on their studies without worrying about the financial burden of tuition and other costs. The scholarship can also provide a much–needed boost to the student‘s academic career, making it easier to re–enter the classroom with confidence. The scholarship is available to students of all ages, with eligibility based on factors such as academic achievement and financial need.
Some benefits of the Scholarship
- Financial Aid: Returning student scholarships provide financial assistance to students who may not be able to afford the tuition and fees associated with their degree program. This can be especially beneficial for students who are returning to university after a gap in their studies and require additional funds to cover their academic costs.
- Improved Academic Standing: By providing scholarship money for returning students, universities can help ensure that these students are able to complete their degree and stay on track with their studies. Scholarships can be used to cover tuition, books, and other academic expenses, as well as help reduce student debt.
- Career Advancement: Returning student scholarships can also provide a great opportunity for students to gain the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers. By taking advantage of scholarships, students can pursue higher-level degrees, build their resumes, and make connections in their chosen field.
- Professional Growth: Returning student scholarships provide students with the opportunity to network and build relationships with other professionals in their field. Through informal mentorship and collaboration, students can gain valuable insight into their current and future career paths.
- Sense of Belonging: By offering returning student scholarships, universities create a sense of community and belonging among students. By recognizing and rewarding their commitment and dedication, universities create an environment that encourages students to stay engaged and motivated, both academically and socially.
- The student must have previously graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- The student must have registered in a full-time program of study at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- The student must demonstrate financial need.
- The student must have an academic record of achievement and/or demonstrate potential for success.
- The student must demonstrate involvement in community activities or other extracurricular activities.
- The student must demonstrate involvement in activities that support their faculty, program, or university.
- The student must agree to the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
The Returning Student Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for Canadian university students who are returning to school after a period of time away. With the scholarship, students can receive up to $2,000 in tuition assistance and free books, as well as other resources to help them achieve their educational goals. This is an excellent way for Canadian universities to provide their students with the financial resources and support they need to be successful in their studies. With a Returning Student Scholarship, you can return to school and work towards completing your degree with the help of a supportive and dedicated university.