The Royal Academy of Engineering affords Analysis Fellowships per 12 months to distinctive early-career researchers to help them to change into future analysis leaders in engineering. The challenge’s aims are to:
- maintain the most effective early-career researchers in establishing their independence and worldwide significance
- present long-term help selling the pursuit of an formidable program of engineering analysis and affect
- create ambassadors for the Academy and advocates for STEM (science, expertise, engineering, and arithmetic) disciplines
The Royal Academy of Engineering welcomes purposes from early-career researchers worldwide who’ve been granted their Ph.D. within the final 4 years.
The challenge gives funding for 5 years. Every utility is capped at a most contribution from the Academy of £625,000 over the 5 years, at 80% of full financial prices. Nevertheless, Analysis Fellowships have to be held at a UK increased training establishment/college or a UK analysis group certified to obtain UK Analysis and Innovation (UKRI) funding.
The 2022/2023 spherical accepts purposes for the next analysis fellowship schemes:
- Analysis Fellowship
- Engineering for Growth Analysis Fellowship
Along with the direct monetary help, the Analysis Fellowships advantages embrace:
- a chance to set a analysis observe document and in flip be in a stronger place to use for added funding and develop personal analysis staff
- mentoring help from an Academy Fellow to supply recommendation on analysis and profession growth
- discount of educating and administrative duties to dedicate time to analysis
- coaching alternatives
- networking alternatives with different Analysis Fellows and Academy Fellows
Eligibility for Analysis Fellowships
- Analysis Fellowships have to be held by one of many following certified establishments that may present it’s able to absolutely supporting an engineering-focused analysis challenge and researcher: a UK increased training establishment/college or a UK analysis group that’s eligible to obtain UKRI funding. (An inventory of certified analysis organizations is included within the utility steering notes)
- Analysis Fellowships can’t be collectively hosted by a number of establishments
- The host establishment should agree to supply the Analysis Fellow with all of the help regular for a everlasting worker.
- It’s the candidate’s accountability to contact the host establishment to achieve their formal approval earlier than making use of.
- The proposed analysis challenge have to be in an engineering topic space. Engineering is outlined in its widest sense, surrounding a variety of various fields.
- Analysis Fellowships are aimed toward early-career researchers. Students should have a Ph.D., which was awarded (or the Ph.D. has been unconditionally licensed) not more than 4 years earlier than the submission deadline: Tuesday 20 September 2022. This era consists of candidates’ work expertise in academia or/and within the trade within the UK or/and worldwide. A margin of as much as three months greater than the four-year restrict is appropriate. If candidates have had maternity/paternity go away or different extenuating circumstances (e.g. prolonged sick go away, nationwide service, or caring tasks), this will probably be considered if the suitable dates and particulars are supplied within the utility kind.
- Analysis Fellows will probably be employed by the host establishment and are wanted to dedicate all their working time to the Analysis Fellowship program work. The Analysis Fellowship have to be the Analysis Fellow’s solely supply of employment. The Analysis Fellow must be based mostly on the host establishment for greater than 50% of the Analysis Fellowship. If the Analysis Fellow must work greater than 50% of the Analysis Fellowship outdoors the host establishment, justification have to be supplied within the utility kind (Selection of host establishment).
- There are not any nationality and age restrictions for candidates. The host establishment is answerable for making certain all required work permits and associated prices for the Analysis Fellows.
- Candidates who’ve utilized to this scheme earlier than and have been unsuccessful are eligible to reapply. These purposes will probably be considered new purposes.
- Analysis Fellowships should start between 1 August 2023 and 31 October 2023. The period of Analysis Fellowships is 5 years full-time, calculated on a pro-rata foundation for part-time awards. Requests for a shorter Analysis Fellowship usually are not accepted.
- There’s a restrict on the variety of purposes every host establishment can submit (see Utility restrict).
- Any purposes which can be incomplete or don’t persist with the steering will probably be rejected.
- As soon as utilized can’t be edited and up to date.
Tips on how to Apply for Analysis Fellowships
Analysis Fellowships have to be held at one of many following certified establishments that may present it’s able to absolutely supporting an engineering-focused analysis challenge and researcher:
- a UK increased training establishment/college or
- a UK analysis group that’s certified to obtain UKRI funding. (An inventory of eligible analysis organizations is included within the candidate steering notes)
Moreover, the host establishment should agree to supply the Analysis Fellow with all of the help regular for a everlasting worker. Analysis Fellowships can’t be collectively hosted by quite a few establishments.
There’s a restrict on the variety of purposes every host establishment can submit. Host establishments are more likely to have an inside choice course of that candidates should discover out about prematurely.
There are not any nationality and age restrictions for candidates. The host establishment is answerable for securing all crucial work permits and associated prices for the Analysis Fellows.
For extra particulars, go to the Royal Academy of Engineering website.
Utility Deadline: : September 20, 2022
Not on this explicit scholarship? See different UK scholarships right here