Many people are unaware that they can open a capitec bank account online. This post will show you how to create a capitec account online, as well as how to resolve all of your capitec banking concerns.
Capitec Online Banking
Capital Online Bank is a South African retail bank that was created on March 1, 2001, by three people: Jannie Mouton, Riaan Stassen, and Micheal Le Roux. It is one of the main retail banks in South Africa, and in August 2017, it was named the second largest retail bank in the country (WIKIPEDIA).
They provide a safe and simple Internet experience that allows customers to send and receive money from friends and family. You can also use your Capitec Online Bank Account to purchase airtime, data, and SMS bundles.
Types of Capitec Bank Accounts
Capitec Online Bank offers four different types of accounts via which users can conduct transactions.
Capitec Savings Account
When you save money with a Capitec Savings Account, you may earn up to 2% interest per year. You’ll also save money on fees and transaction costs with this Capitec Savings Account.
By dialing *120*3279# or using their official app, you can access your savings plans. You can pick between two types of Capitec Saving Accounts: flexible saving account and fixed deposit account.
2. Business Account with Capitec
Capitec Online Bank now provides users, particularly company owners, with a user-friendly business account that includes additional capabilities such as commercial banking and a simpler way to complete transactions with other services.
3. Transaction Account at Capitec
Another account type accessible in Capitec Online Bank is the Transaction Account, which is mostly used for activities such as purchasing airtime, purchasing things online, and paying bills. With this account, transactions for basic needs become very simple.
However, unlike a Capitec savings account, utilizing a Capitec Transaction Account will not earn you any interest.
To open a Capitec Bank account online, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use Capitec Online Bank in its entirety. If you are unable to do so, your parents or guardians will be required to assist you.
- You must have your own personal mobile to access your account.
- You should have a complete and up-to-date email address since you must sign up with your email address before utilizing their Online Banking service.
- When you need to verify your Capitec Online Bank Account, you’ll need a South African Verification Identity Card or a passport.
- If you meet all of the above criteria, you will be able to open an online capitec bank account in no time!
What Is the Capitec Online Banking Sign-Up Process?
Opening a Capitec Online Bank Account is very simple, and the registration process does not require many steps. All you have to do is go to their official website and click on open account, then follow the instructions and fill out the forms they require. You should also have a national passport and a South African identity card.
Registration fees are not charged at Capitec Online Bank.
To open a Capitec bank account, how much money do I need?
The amount of money needed to start a Capitec account varies depending on the account type. For a transaction and savings account, you’ll need a minimum of R25, plus you’ll have to pay R4 in monthly admin costs.
Capitec Banking App: What Is It?
This is the official Capitec Online Banking app. It was built for consumers so that they can quickly trace any transactions done with their account and have access to their money. Their Banking App contains a few extra functions, such as
- Money tracking: It allows you to readily see how you spend your money on items like meals, shopping, and airtime.
- Notifications: You may quickly receive notifications about your money and any transactions you make with the Capitec Banking App.
- Biometrics (FINGERPRINT): If your phone supports it, you can add a fingerprint to your Banking App, preventing unauthorized users from accessing your account.
- Check out how to activate a capitec cellular bank now that you have a better understanding of what the capitec banking app is for.
Capitec Cellphone Banking Activation
Capitec Banking can be readily activated on any cellphone by dialing the USSD code *120*3279#.
The activation of “capitec cell phone banking” described above is simple and rapid!
Thank you for taking the time to read this.