OFFICIAL: Dani Carvajal extends contract with Real Madrid until 2025

Dani Carvajal has extended his contract with Real Madrid until 2025.

The right-back missed most of last season through injury but is still regarded as the undisputed first choice in his position.

Carvajal joins Luka Modric (until 2022), Lucas Vazquez (until 2024) and Nacho (until 2023) in penning a new deal this summer.

The next on the list for Los Blancos is Karim Benzema, who is expected to sign a contract until 2023.

Carvajal has been with the club for more than 20 years, joining La Fabrica as a youngster before moving up to the first team in the 2013/14 season under Carlo Ancelotti.

Since then he has been the undisputed starter at right-back in the eight seasons he has been in the first team, and a protagonist of Madrid’s golden era where the club won four Champions League titles in five years.

Eriksen ‘will return to Inter for medical checks next week’ after cardiac arrest

Christian Eriksen is reportedly set to return to Inter Milan for medical checks next week, nearly two months on from suffering a cardiac arrest at Euro 2020.

The midfielder collapsed during Denmark’s opening game against Finland and required urgent CPR treatment from pitch-side medics, who were able to resuscitate him.

The 29-year-old has been recovering in Copenhagen after being released from hospital last month but Sky Italia report that he will make his return to Inter’s training base next week.

According to the report, Eriksen will undergo new and accurate heart checks in order to ascertain the cause of his cardiac arrest.

You can also read about this   Arsenal set to launch move to sign £40m star as Arteta plots double swoop

Following the medical examinations, they will decide their next steps and the possibility of him returning to football.

After suffering his cardiac arrest, Eriksen had an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) inserted in his chest to regulate any further disturbances in his heartbeat.

An ICD is a device connected to the heart by wires and sends an electrical pulse to correct irregular rhythms.

Eriksen was released from hospital on June 18 after six days of hospital treatment. Danish team doctor Morten Boesen said after Eriksen’s release from hospital: ‘This device is necessary after a cardiac attack due to rhythm disturbances.

‘Christian has accepted the solution and the plan has been confirmed by specialists nationally and internationally who all recommend the same treatment.’

The day after Eriksen’s collapase, Boesen said the midfielder had ‘gone’ before being brought back to life.

‘He was gone,’ said Boesen. ‘We did cardiac resuscitation, it was cardiac arrest. How close were we? I don’t know. We got him back after one defib so that’s quite fast. We don’t have an explanation why it happened.’

Earlier this month a leading scientific expert for Italian FA insisted that Eriksen would not be able play for Inter again unless his defibrillator was removed.

Italy have a ban in place on players competing if they have any significant heart abnormalities, at both amateur and professional level.

Francesco Braconaro, a member of the Italian FA’s technical scientific committee told Radio Kiss Kiss: ‘Christian Eriksen cannot be given the all-clear to play in Italy.

‘If the player has the defibrillator removed, therefore confirming the pathology can be resolved, then he can return to play for Inter.’

You can also read about this   Match build up from Scotland vs Czech republic.

On the night of Eriksen’s collapse, leading NHS cardiologist Dr Scott Murray claimed Eriksen would unlikely to be able to play for Inter again due to Italy’s strict rules on letting people with heart problems take part in sporting activities.

Dr Murray told MailOnline: ‘It probably is (the end of his career) for him. The Italians stop people participating in sport if they are found to have a significant cardiac abnormality, it’s in law.

‘They’ve been doing that for a long time, beyond 20 years and they’ve reduced the death rates from cardiac arrests in sport from beyond 3 per cent down to below one per cent.

‘He (Eriksen) comes from an Italian club so he must have had all of the tests before he started (playing for Inter). The Italians are the best at screening for heart disease in competitive athletes.

‘Italy has the greatest pre-participation screening in the world which tries to reduce events, but he still has an event on the pitch. So even if you screen, it can still happen.

‘It’s going to be difficult for him to eliminate, he’s still going to (be) that 0.01 per cent of people who will still have something happen.’

The midfielder has played 60 times for Inter Milan since joining the club from Tottenham Hotspur 18 months ago. The 29-year-old helped the Italian side win their first Serie A title in 11 years last season.

During his time playing in England, Eriksen turned out over 300 times for Spurs in a six-and-a-half year spell in north London.

You can also read about this   Chelsea win the UEFA super cup

Professor Sanjay Sharma, who put the former Tottenham midfielder through an annual battery of tests between 2013 and 2020, said Eriksen had no known history of heart problems – but that no tests were ‘foolproof’.